William Coates were appointment as the electrical contractor during the refurbishment and alteration to one of Belfast’s most prominent landmark buildings located in the heart of the Belfast City Centre turning the building into government office accommodation.
The Electrical installation was carried out to reflect the client’s requirements and performance specification to provide Category “B” accommodation for a government tenant. The Category “B” section of the building was overseen by the Central Procurement Directorate from the Department of Finance. The installation has a combination of modern open planned and modular offices, staff kitchens, tea points, lifts, sanitary accommodation, meeting rooms, hearing rooms, boardrooms and comms data rooms through the second to fifth floors. The ground and first floor landlord areas also undertook a major refurbishment to modernise the building. The 6th floor was refurbished to a Category “A” specification for future tenants.
Electrical Services Installed at Cleaver House Include;
- New LV Switchboards located on each level from Basement to 6th Floor.
- New LV submains infrastructure.
- General and emergency lighting.
- Lighting controls.
- General Power.
- Underfloor busbar trunking system.
- Mechanical wiring systems (Building management).
- Fire Alarm network.
- Data network installation.
- Access control.
- Disabled refuge system.
- Disabled W/C alarm call.
- Staff attack system.
- Public address system.
- Television distribution system.
- CCTV network.
- Intruder alarm installation.
- Centralised clock installation.
- Lightning Protection System.
- UPS units.