Location: Altnagelvin Area Hospital, Glenshane Rd, Londonderry, BT47 6SB
This project consisted of the complete upgrade of existing Hot, Cold, Main’s water and plumbing Installations over 8 floors (including basement) of the treatment wing of the Ward Block and associated areas within Altnagelvin Hospital.
To facilitate the mechanical upgrade new main distribution runs were installed and linked to an existing water main in the basement and to a new steam / DWH generating set in a central plant room. The plant room also housed a newly installed water booster set and associated break tank and controls. Prior to completion of the relevant mechanical installations on each floor new risers and plant were installed in their entirety. This was programmed to ensure that the installation of the new risers and main corridor lines were under way whilst the large plant items were on order.
Mechanical Services Installed at the Altnaglevin Hospital Mechanical Upgrade Project include;
- Strip out of existing mechanical services
- Installation of new mains lines from and existing connections
- Installation of new plumbing lines throughout
- Installation of new hot, cold and mains risers
- Building works associated with installation of new pipework.
- Upgrade to all wash facilities throughout
- Upgrade of mechanical installations throughout
- Installation of new water lines and electrical water heater
- Installation of new sanitary ware throughout
- Capping of all existing soils and wastes
- Casing in of all pipework where it runs at high level in each area of the hospital
- A full deep clean of all completed areas to ensure operations etc commence on the dates required