William Coates were appointed as the main contractor to install a new MV / LV packaged sub-station contained within an external grade enclosure located external to the existing leisure centre building, together with a new LV supply to the time capsule leisure centre.
The complete works package consisted of the following elements;
- Preparation of the ground / site and construction of new concrete plinths for the packaged / containerised sub-station and the SPEN sub-station.
- Excavation of existing public access routes and footpaths to expose existing SPEN cables.
- Excavation of new cable access chambers and excavation of existing private access with monoblock finish for a new cable trench to the main leisure centre building.
- Provision of new metal clad watertight enclosure on outer face of existing building.
- Forming hole / access and making good where new cables enter the building at high level within the switch room, including all associated new electrical installation within the switch room.
- Carry out the necessary tests and the full design provision and installation of a new HV / LV earth Farm.